Saturday 5 October 2013

What is the rainbow flag? what does it mean?

LGBT PRIDE

So i've actually been wondering myself that this rainbow stuff is within LGBT, so I decided to do some of my own research and there is so much I wouldn't have even thought of.
Each color actually has a meaning to it!

Sexuality
Life
Healing
Sunlight
Nature
Magic/Art
Serenity/Harmony
Spirit

Honestly how cool is that. Using colors that have hidden meaning.
The first time the flag flew was during the Gay Freedom Day Parade in San Francisco on June 25, 1978. Here's me thinking that the rainbow flag was something recent but it's been around for 35 years!
It was an idea proposed by a guy named Gilbert Baker since there was a request for a symbol that could be used every year. From then till present the rainbow flag stands as a symbol for colorful difference, positivism and hopefulness, and strength of the movement for gay rights right throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment